Friday, February 20, 2009

Final Marathon Post

I finished in 5:03, and no, I did not have a negative split

I did not get any blisters – Smart Wool Socks RULE

As far as I know all of my toenails are intact – toenails are still pretty from my pre-marathon pedicure

I never hit “the wall” – plenty of times that hurt, but no time of sapped energy or thoughts that I could not continue

Nutrition worked for the marathon but not sure about IMS - that last GU was tough to swallow

Need to get over my disgust of port-a-potties – I could have used one more break in the run (but I’m afraid I’d never start running again)

I need to work on my form. Coach Ed and Tony have both told me I sit back when I run and I never knew what they were talking about. Looking at pictures, I notice that I do kind of sit (like starting to squat) which could explain the quad pain.

I’d like to improve my time and someday get below 4:30

I'm seriously considering Marine Corp Marathon in the fall!

Now it’s time to get motivated and engaged in training for IMS. I can’t believe it’s just around the corner! YIKES!!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

My mom got me some Smart Wool socks for Christmas but if I wear them on very long runs they rub blisters on the outsides of my big toes.

I have a really gross black toenail situation going on right now. Luckily, the pain has subsided.

Es --- IRONMAN! said...

Blasphemy-no bad talk about Smart Wool allowed! :-)

What socks do you wear? I'll buy you a pair and take the Smart Wools off your hands!