Wednesday, January 14, 2009

25 Things

I saw this on a friend’s blog and FB (and she saw it on a friend’s blog and FB, and so on, and so on). It’s titled "25 Things," which were 25 quirks, goals, habits, and general "deep thoughts." It was interesting and I’ve been coming up with my 25 things for the past couple of days. In no particular order:

I am terrified of the Ironman race. It’s less then 6 months away and I still can’t get my head around the distances. The good news is I’m stubborn so unless there is a catastrophic medical or mechanical issue I will finish.

For all of the hard times that I’ve gone through in my life, there are only a handful of moments that I’d want a “do-over”. Those hard times are what makes me Me.

When I was a little kid I wanted to be a boy. Not that I liked girls, I just thought boys had better toys and got to play more sports. In the same vein, I’d like to have a 1950’s wife – someone to keep the house clean, have supper on the table, etc.

If you really want to know how I’m feeling, look in my eyes. I can fake a smile but my eyes will give me away.

I despise women that act stupid. I’m not talking about women that are not smart, educated, etc. I’m talking about women that portray themselves as ditzy. I think they give ALL women a bad rap.

I’m not a huggy, cuddly person but there’s no place I’d rather be then in Dude’s arms.

It makes me happy that when I talk with my family we always end the phone call with I love you. I think people should do that more often because you never know what lies ahead.

Joining Team Z was a great decision. I love the camaraderie, the training, the competition, the networking….

As a financial analyst you’d think I’d keep better handle on my personal finances. I still rely on my Ex for advice on what to invest in and questions on my taxes.

I love what I do for a living but I wish I was challenged a bit more. The challenge seems to come from time-lines vs. difficulty of the tasks.

When I’m counting calories, I don’t count liquids except for alcohol - then only ½ of those.

I am horrible at keeping in touch with people and I’ve lost many good friends due to it. That makes me sad and I hope they don’t think it’s because of anything they did!

I use to drink a lot – and by that I mean A LOT. Now, when I see people drinking like I did I only hope that they “right” themselves soon.

I’m a firm believer in you are what you make of yourself. Don’t blame your childhood, upbringing, financial situation, ethnicity, history, etc. No excuses people, it’s your life!

I’d still love to retire while in my 50’s but this year my net worth seems to have decreased by at least 40%. Thank you Mr. Economy!

Sometimes I get off a really, really funny one-liner. Unfortunately, those are few and far between. That doesn’t stop me from trying which is probably very annoying.

I’m a “mother-hen”. I like to take care of people, organize things, cook for others, etc..

Since my divorce I make my bed every morning. This is weird because in 10 years of marriage I only made the bed when company was coming over - and only because you could see into the bedroom from the kitchen. It’s also weird that I don’t make the bed at Dude’s house. Just mine – what’s that about?!

Since I was a kid I’ve had this premonition that I’m going to be a victim of a violent crime. I think it’s because a friend of mine was murdered but the feeling has never gone away. Yet, I often still run alone at night. DUH!

I love to eat - and that is why I do triathlons otherwise I’d be as big as a house!

I have never wanted to have children but I have a lot of opinions about child-rearing. It boils down to be a parent first – you know nurturing, guidance, rules, consequences, and boundaries. Kids today wouldn’t have lasted a second in my parent’s house and they were lenient compared to my friend’s parents!

I’m addicted to my DVR. To the point I hate watching TV at other people’s houses – what do you mean I have to watch commercials?!

I shave my legs every day. I’m not a hairy person it’s just that the tiniest bit of stubble will keep me awake at night.

I was once told I was selfish, irresponsible and immature. It was said because I don’t want to have children but I’d have to say, I am selfish, irresponsible and immature a lot of the time!

I swear I have ADD. Not medically diagnosed, but for example, I was the middle of correcting a work file when I started typing this list. And since starting I’ve gone back to the work file, worked on another one, checked my email, drank some coffee, etc., etc., etc.

No comments: