Thursday, January 29, 2009

Groove Missing

It started last Saturday during the 20 miler. I ran it, there were no issues but I never found my groove. Like I said in my blog - I just plodded along.

Now, two swim practices later, still no groove. Usually I find it during the first set and settle in for the duration. Nope, nada, zilch.

It's not that I'm having trouble with the workouts. The runs are going great. In the swim I'm keeping up, even considering moving up a lane. OK, so I haven't been outside riding in awhile but I do make spin class and I keep up with the workouts and I get on the trainer on Sundays. So it's not difficulty (not saying it's easy), I'm not bored, I'm not burned out. Perhaps it's apprehension about my 1st marathon and IMS? Or maybe I'm not pushing myself enough? Or, maybe this is just a phase and is a normal part of training. Who knows.

This doesn't do justice to the feeling - it's hard to describe. All I can say is my groove is missing. If you happen to see it out somewhere please send it back home.

No comments: