It’s been awhile since I’ve actually blogged/mentioned exercise. I have excuses (I always do).
First I took two weeks off after IMS to recover. I AM AN IRONMAN!
Then I went to Lake Placid to watch my Team Z peeps rock the Ironman USA.
I had planned on starting marathon training on Monday after Placid but I ended up with a cold (and no voice) so I slept for 3 ½ days then generally felt like crap for the rest of the week.
Finally on Sunday I went on the Team Z bike ride. Dude had said he would ride 50 miles with me but he left me in the dust within two miles. Jerk! (Just kidding) I ended up riding 30 miles with Kate which was quite fun and helped ease me back into cycling.
Monday was the big “Marathon Training Kick-Off”. By that I mean I ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes then went and had beer and wings with Jason, Lori, and Ken.
I’m taking this marathon training a little (lot) different then the first go-round. Myrtle Beach was all about proving that I could RUN a marathon. I no longer have anything to prove - I AM AN IRONMAN dammit!
You may recall that during IMS training I lost my passion for the sport. The training became too focused, frustrating, and way too serious – it bacame a (really shitty) part time job when it use to be my favorite hobby. So my goal during Marine Corp marathon training is to RECAPTURE THE JOY. I want to enjoy running (with some cycling and swimming thrown in) again. I want to remember what it was like to go out for a little run and come back feeling revitalized and refreshed.
That’s my goal people!
But, so far, it just hurts. EVERY step is daggers through my feet, calves, knees and thighs.
Is enjoying running again asking too much?!
3 months ago
1 comment:
I'm loving your new marathon goal!
Take time to recover and give your body all the time it needs to heal. After all, you're an Iron(wo)Man and DESERVE a break :-)
Post a Comment