Saturday, September 5, 2009

With A Friend Like This...

On Friday the finance system went down so I found myself surfing the internet. Soon I knew I needed an intervention so I turned to Jason:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Es
To: TZ Jason
Subject: Help me

I just caught myself looking at the Beach2Battleship website thinking about next year.

I need a closed-fist punch to the side of my head!

Es!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: TZ Jason
Subject: Re: Help me
To: Es

Wilmington, NC is a very nice little city ...


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Es
To: TZ Jason
Subject: RE: Help me

Not helping!

I'm reading: "Easy" swim (with the current). Flat ride. Then a flat marathon.

How bad could it be?

But I don't waanntt (said in whiney voice) to do another Ironman!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: TZ Jason
Subject: Re: Help me
To: Es


it's pretty obvious to me that you do ... you just don't want to admit it to yourself

It's natural - you're an Ironman - you have Iron in your blood now.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Es
To: TZ Jason
Subject: RE: Help me

I need a blood transfusion!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: TZ Jason
Subject: Re: Help me
To: Es


maybe you could do both Wisconsin and Beach2Battleship


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Es
To: TZ Jason
Subject: RE: Help me

Absolutely not! Wisconsin doesn't appeal to me at all.

I've come up with some excuses:
- it could be cold in Nov
- flat rides suck - burn out the legs before the run
- I promised I wouldn't do another one next year
- I don't want to do another one
- while IMS was the best day of my life, there's no gurantee of a repeat
- training in the heat sucks

shall I go on?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: TZ Jason
Subject: Re: Help me
To: Es

ok then, just do beach2battleship ... you don't have to do TWO ... goodness ... who would suggest that?

------END OF EMAIL THREAD-------

EVERYONE REPEAT AFTER ME:
ES WILL NOT DO AN IRONMAN IN 2010!
ES WILL NOT DO AN IRONMAN IN 2010!
ES WILL NOT DO AN IRONMAN IN 2010!
ES WILL NOT DO AN IRONMAN IN 2010!
ES WILL NOT DO AN IRONMAN IN 2010!

No comments: