Week Three:
Recovery week! What this means is shorter/easier workouts all week, no strength training (not that I’ve been so good at that!), and, a team Happy Hour on Thursday (skipped due to sleepiness).
I had my first appointment with a nutritionist this week. I’m trying to figure out what and how much I should be eating/drinking before/during/after exercise. As it turns out my diet is good but I’m not drinking or eating near enough while exercising. She recommended losing about 3% body fat (she said something about cutting out alcoh…that’s all I heard, then blah, blah, blah). I get my official plan next week which means this is my last week of eating like a free woman. Can you say take-out, drinks, and French fries?!
This recovery week we also got a special sale at Conte’s and Potomac River Running (PRR), our team bike/running stores. They offered us free beer, pizza and discounts on all items in the store. In all, my two beers and one slice of pizza cost me close to $450! Have I ever mentioned how much this addiction is costing???
The week ended with a nice 5 mile run in the rain and a 30-mile bike ride that turned into 40-miles. Lesson learned - follow the cue sheet not the people you are riding with! On a side note, I am much faster on Grace (Sue's husband's bike that I’m borrowing – named after his daughter Leah Grace) then on Ruby (my Specialized Ruby comp) so the 40 miles took about a ½ hour less then it has in the past two weeks.
In summary: Missed 1 work-out (40 min bike), burned over 5,000 calories, exercised for over 6 hours.
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment