Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Can I get a loan?

Week Two:
I had a work meeting at the beginning of the week so I had a hard time fitting in the workouts. Wed at the track was interesting. I’ve been running forever but Coach Ed and Tony both pointed out that my form was bad. I need to stand up straighter, move my arms more, and don’t flex my calves. I tried the posture thing but it hurt (need to do more core exercises) and I couldn’t run slow (Zone 2) when concentrating on my form. Just something else to work on for the next 8 months.

Everyday I realize how much this sport is costing me. I bought some cold weather gear, nutrition, bike gear, etc. and spent over $250. I need to get my bike worked on. Counting new pedals, seat, etc. that will be close to $350. One of my spreadsheets I’ve built is to track the funds and by my estimation I will spend nearly $10K to train and finish IMS. Not all of it is IMS specific but it is all triathlon specific. More proof that this is truly an addiction!!!

In summary: Missed 2 work-outs (30 min run & strength), burned over 7,000 calories, exercised for over 8 hours.




No comments: