Monday, June 1, 2009

Pain Free, but...

So, since last Wed I've been able to get the workouts in. Granted, since we are on recovery week they were Easy pace or Zone 2 workouts but still. I had success over the weekend with a 6 mile run, 30 mile bike ride and my first 2 mile swim with NO PAIN WHAT-SO-EVER!!


So I went to see my Physical Therapist this morning and as she's torturing my tendon - she calls is a soft tissue massage - I innocently ask if I can start speed work. NO. Can I do hills? NO.

Apparently I'm at that stage where everyone gets re-injured. I feel good so I feel like I should be able to full out again. But NO, I'm still in Zone 2/Easy workouts and no hills.

This should make the Mooseman 70.3 interesting considering there is 3,416 ft of climbing in that 56 miles! This went from a B race to a D- race - any pulling on the tendon and I'm calling it quits and heading for the margarita tent. Mmmm, margaritas. I think I feel my tendon pulling already!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

If you drop out.. you better have a margarita waiting for me in your hand around the 6:40 hour mark. :)

Catharine said...

Hang in there, my friend. I know that it is going to be tough to take it slow this weekend, but the goal is the race in 2050. Know what I mean?

Holly said...

Stay the course - keep the BIG GOAL in focus and if you need to, enjoy the heck out of that Margarita and save those tendons for IM SWISS, miss!

gmgizmo9 said...

Hey Es. Glad things are going well with your recovery. Don't worry about the moose too much...and enjoy the Margarita if you need to. :)