Of the worst headache known to man.
I told you how my jaw was out of alignment. I went to the Doctor on Friday and was told it wasn't displaced probably just some swelling. She prescribed prescription strength Naproxin and recommended ice packs. In two words: NOT HELPING.
I'm not a Doctor but I watch A LOT of them on TV. Seriously, I was a huge ER fan in it's hey-day. I don't miss Grey's Anatomy. I even occasionally watch House. Between that and my unlimited access to the internet I have diagnosed myself with a Temporomandibular disorders (TMD).
The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is the hinge joint that connects the lower jaw (mandible) to the temporal bone of the skull. Temporomandibular disorders (TMD) occur as a result of problems with the jaw, jaw joint, and surrounding facial muscles that control chewing and moving the jaw.
Common symptoms of TMD include (I've bolded my issues):
Pain or tenderness in the face, jaw joint area, neck and shoulders, and in or around the ear when you chew, speak or open your mouth wide
Limited ability to open the mouth very wide
Jaws that get "stuck" or "lock" in the open- or closed-mouth position
Clicking, popping, or grating sounds in the jaw joint when opening or closing the mouth (which may or may not be accompanied by pain)
A tired feeling in the face
Difficulty chewing or a sudden uncomfortable bite as if the upper and lower teeth are not fitting together properly
Swelling on the side of the face
Other common symptoms include toothaches, headaches, neck aches, dizziness, earaches and hearing problems.
So tomorrow I'm making an appointment with my dentist.
For now though, I need to get out of this house! I hurt but I am BORED!!!!!
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment