What does bruising cause??
Swelling for one. An excruciating headache for another. Additionally, the jaw hinge is set rather close to the ear canal (5mm) - hence the hearing thru a vacuum that I'm experiencing. It's also against the sinuses - hence the headache/sinus pressure. The sinuses are against the eye socket - hence the feeling of "droopy eye". I'm on steroids now to help bring down the swelling. It took almost 24 hours for me to convince myself to take them since I tend to get "puffy" when I'm on the 'roids. And considering I haven't exercised in, well, oh let's just say a very long time, puffiness is imminent.
I'm also on 800mg Motrin for the pain. Want to know what that does to me? It makes me clench my teeth which is the opposite of what I need to do! So I'm not taking it very often and when I do I have to make the concerted effort to not clench.
Eventually I'll be fitted for a night mouth guard to prevent grinding/clenching. Yeah, I know, uber-sexy! I wonder if it comes with a floor length flannel night gown.
Hopefully, fingers-crossed, rub the lucky rabbit foot, the 'roids will kick in, the swelling will dissipate and I'll be back to my jolly self in no time.
In the meantime, (I SWEAR I'm going to the gym after work tonight)
No comments:
Post a Comment