
I have body issues – not anorexic or anything, just poor body image. When I look in the mirror I still see the "fat girl" I use to be. So, I weigh myself...a lot. I track calories - go ahead - ask me how many calories are in something! I'll always think I can stand to lose some weight. Or if I'm at the weight I want, I'll wish it was moved around a bit. (On the other hand, I rarely turn down food, or beer, and I'm not the type of girl who orders "just a salad". This may contribute to the whole image thing.)
My point?
I got my new wetsuit on Monday – Xterra Vector Pro X2 Fullsuit (1/2 price sale!). The wetsuit is the bane to triathlons - a skintight rubberized suit - yeah, sign me up! Anyway...my new suit has been sitting in the box since Monday and last night I finally decided to try it on. I open the box, it's wrapped in padded paper - like a gift. I get it all unwrapped and my first thought is, this will never fit. Look at that slim waist. Look at those sexy curves. So Not Me!!!

I try it on. It easily slides up my body. Hmm, it seems to fit. I get my arms in, yank it up a bit, wrestle with the zipper, and bam, I'm in. I go to the mirror, force myself to look, and thought, DAMN - I look good. Some may say smokin'!***
Tested it in the pool this morning. No leaking, no gaps. I float like a bobber and swim like a fish. Just have to get use to the feel of something around my shoulders (always have worn sleeveless).
***The picture is not me (obviously) - her thighs are much too thin!
3 comments:
Way to be smokin :) I was so excited to open my eyes in the mirror only to find that I didnt hate the image I saw. And, like you, I looked at the wetsuit, laughed, and thought "no way".
Cheers to that.
Just think, we still have 4 months to get in even better shape! Yowza!
We're going to be some hot iron ladies ;)
Post a Comment