I had to add a pic of Jason & I after our 1st Half Iron Distance race.
Thoughts from the race:
How is that possible that transition was at the top of the hill after the swim but the bottom of the hill for the bike/run?
I got kicked in the goggles for the first time. It didn't hurt, just startling.
Volunteers ROCK! Always with encouraging words and cheers. Love them! On that note - Racers, remember to thank the volunteers for their time!
Horses, traffic, and cyclists do not mix!
I actually like the multi loops in the run. With each one, I just told myself, "Just do this one and see how you feel". It kept me going.
Somehow the race photographer got a picture of me smiling while I was running - I didn't think that ever happened during this race.
I really do cuss A LOT during races.
I'm glad my mom and sister were there, I just wish I wasn't injured!
Team Z ROCKS! Seeing/cheering for all of the green jerseys is a lot of fun and motivating. Note to those of you without team gear - GET SOME! It always feels good to hear "Go Z".
Notice the race belt holding the ice in place!
HAPPY NEWS:
I moved up a lane at swimming today. Tuesday, Ed pointed out something in my stroke and I implemented the change today. What a difference in power! I love it when something just clicks!! I'm now in lane 7 - woo hoo!
3 comments:
Is that with Joanna and Harriet?
Yep, that's the lane.
Congrats, Es. And congrats on finishing Kinetic!
Post a Comment