Thursday, May 21, 2009

Post Ironman Plans

Since I can’t train, I’ve been planning our Post-Ironman vacation – the three days we have before heading back to Zurich to fly home. My first plans are in line with this:

Charlie Brown: Well Snoopy, what are your plans for today?
Snoopy: Plans? I hadn't even thought about it. But I suppose I'll sleep a little this morning. Then this afternoon I'll take a short nap and later on I'll try to get some more sleep. Those are good plans!

I’ve decided on Italy, but every time I narrow it down to somewhere, I find something else that looks interesting. First three places are all close together on the Italian Riviera. Last one is in the Italian Alps.

Portofino


Cinque Terre


Rapolla


Lake Como – funny thing – I looked up the distance from Zurich to Como – 112 miles. My first thought was I could bike there. HA!


I wish my decisions were always this tough!!

I’ve also decided I’m splurging for these 3 nights. I made a comment about wanting luxury, pampering, and high thread-count sheets. Dude said, “Why don’t you just bring your own sheets”? Typical male logic!

I'll keep you posted on my decision...

1 comment:

Holly said...

Make sure you say "HI!" to actor George Clooney when you are in Lake Como - I have heard he has a home there.... Sounds like some WONDERFUL post Ironman plans. Take lots of photos to share on your return!