
... after taking it easy since the Kinetic race. IMS training is now on recovery week so everything is at an easy Z2 pace.
Mon – Plan Off - I hiked the Billy Goat Trail in Great Falls on Monday (minimal pain)
Tue – Plan Swim AM / Bike Off – I Swam and did 30 min on trainer (minimal pain)
Wed – Plan Run 40 min – I did Strength in AM, then did the run at the track (first run since 5/16 and no pain)
Thur – Plan Swim AM / Bike 30 min – Swam and skipped the ride (did 20 minute warm up at PT today and there’s a storm brewing tonight. I’m bagging the final 10 minutes). Besides it’s an Es tradition to skip some of recovery week training for some beer and wing time with the boys.
I do plan on making the team run on Sat then heading to W&OD on Sunday for the two hour ride. And I will do an open water swim on Sunday.
So, I’ve decided on Lake Como for post Ironman. The train trip is 2 hours shorter, straight shot, found a nicer hotel for the money, and it’s just as pretty as Portofino and the other beach-side choices. Also, while this didn’t play into the decision-making process, well, there’s a certain dreamy actor that has a house there.Now on to the Scene from Es’ Future (Ok, I guess we can call it a fantasy - but a G-Rated one)
Dude and I are at a fancy dinner enjoying a romantic evening. Of course I look fabulous - duh, I’ll be an Ironman so I’ll be glowing, radiant, and I’m with Dude so I’ll have that in-love goofy perma-smile. We hear musicians playing outside and Dude goes out to see if they will come in and serenade us (ok, in my fantasy Dude is obscenely romantic and I got this idea from a friend who’s husband actually did this). While he’s gone, George comes over and starts hitting on me. Not in the pervy-meat-market way with horrible lines, roaming eyes, and intentional pawing. No, he comes over with stars in his eyes ready to offer me the world. So he’s there trying to woo me when Dude returns (with the musicians who couldn’t turn down such a romantic gesture).
Dude: Can I help you?
George: I couldn’t help but notice your beautiful wife. I had to…
Dude: She’s not my wife.
George: Perfect. I hate to do this to you, but I’m going to have to steal her away.
Dude: I’d like to see you try.
George: Come on, I can offer her fame, fortune, a life of leisure…
Dude: How bout you pay us a million dollars to sleep with her (oops – somehow real Dude snuck into this fantasy)
George: I couldn’t do that, once I have her once I know I’d want to keep her forever (which I have to admit is true)
--Lots of banter back and forth as they are fighting over me – voices are raised, there’s even a little bit of pushing and shoving. Finally…
Dude: Well, she’s an adult, it’s her decision.
Es (Takes a LARGE drink of wine- with tears in her eyes): Sorry George – you should have paid the million dollars. While you’re hot, rich, famous, and the most eligible bachelor in the world, you’re still no Dude.
George wanders away, crushed. And wondering what the hell Dude has that he doesn’t.

Besides me, that is.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're back to training!!!!
And, the fantasy was hilarious. What kind of pain killers are you on, anyway? :) haha
Post a Comment