Thursday, April 16, 2009

RumpASS in the BumpASS Training

I just love the name of the triathlon this weekend and can't wait to get the t-shirt!

In honor of the first tri of the season I am training with a *vengeance* this week!

*Vengeance* Training:
Monday -
Plan = Run 30 minutes
Actual = Beer and $.50 Wings - tough training day - not only did they not have Smitticks but they also didn't have Corona Light. I settled for Corona and went with the Honey Pepper wings.

Tuesday
Plan = Swim and Monday's 30 minute run (schedule said we had the day off)
Actual = Swim, wine and pizza. I'll start by saying I love my boss. Not Loovve but I really enjoy working for him. Tuesday he sucker punched me (and the rest of the staff) by announcing his resignation. Dude also had a bad day so we whined and wined (and made excellent homemade chicken pesto pizza).

Wednesday
Plan = Massage (schedule called for a 40 minute run)
Actual = Massage - See, I can stick to a plan. Rejunenations Massage Therapy - best gig in town! Saw Vicki and not only was the massage fantabulous but she also gave me hints and pointers for relieving pain/stiffness in-between massages.

Thursday
Plan = Swim and 40 minute Run (schedule called for a 40 minute bike)
Actual = I'm meeting Dude and some friends at Gordon Biersch for burgers and beer then probably heading for the Team Z Happy Hour.

Friday
Plan = Off
Actual = Again, I'm sticking to the plan. I have to pack for the race and spit-shine Penny for her race debut!

I've said it before, this Ironman training isn't so bad when you skip all the workouts!

1 comment:

gmgizmo9 said...

Haha - that is great! My son plans to snag the shirt to wear for track practice. I'm sure he'll get a lot of comments...he did with the catch the polyp one he snagged, too.