Friday, April 10, 2009

Weekend Plans

I've been reading my last few posts and they've kind of been downers. So all negativity aside I am truly jazzed for this weekend. I have had great workouts this week - some pain, but I've pulled through and feel better for it.

Saturday is (just) a 13-mile run. Weather looks dicey but the plan is if it's cold and rainy we will lift and swim first then head out to run (rain is tapering as the day progresses). If it's just raining we will run, brunch, lift, swim.

Sunday is the big one - 70 miles of riding. Then again, I did 68 last week on accident so what's an extra 3 miles. My goals for this ride are (1) good nutrition (2) no breakdowns (emotional or mechanical), (3) push myself to try to improve my cycling, and (4) enjoy the scenery and forecasted sunshine. The team is having a picnic after the ride so I have to make some homemade mac-n-cheese on Saturday night. Mmm!!

The best part of the weekend will be tonight - Dude and I are going on a date. I got my raise this week so we are going out to spend it. We're heading out to Warrenton to a place called Iron Bridge Wine Company. Reservations are a little early, but I do have to get up and run in the morning.

Oh, I also wanted to add two of my favorite pictures from the Cherry Blossom Race. The first is me, Julie, and Sinead - after the 2.5 miles, before the 12.5. The second is Gina and I after the race - I think that fence is holding me up. What a difference 10 miles make!

No comments: