Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My brain needs an on/off switch

Too much is going on: Tomorrow (Thursday) my mom and sister come into town. I’m taking Friday off (it’s the beginning of the month – my busiest time at work). My 1st Half-Ironman is Saturday. IMS is in 66 days.


Here is a sampling of this morning's thoughts while driving to work (I added punctuation, in my head this was a run-on sentence...for 40 minutes):
I have to finish cleaning the spare bedroom tonight. I have to leave early for my massage tonight. I wonder how I can add more calories to my nutrition plan without getting tummy trouble. I need to get my oil changed. When am I going to get my wetsuit back from Jason. Is it ok to strip down to boyshorts in transition? Should I cook mom/sis dinner Thursday night or go out. I still have to pack. Are they (mom/sis) going to like Dude? I need to get maps/all other race stuff printed out today. I owe Julia my new business slides and I still owe Eric that other report. I should stop and get coffee this morning. My legs were cramping during swim last night, I need to eat a banana everyday till race day. I wonder where the nearest Goodwill is…. You get the picture.

It’s to the point I hit a tree this morning. I pulled into a parking spot at 7-11 to get coffee and forgot to put the car in park while I rummaged for money then BAM. OK, it was just a little bump (no damage) but still.

Now if you’ll excuse me, my head is about to explode.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Take a deep breath Es... Everything will work out the way its supposed to :)


And, why are you stripping in transition?

Es --- IRONMAN! said...

Stripping for entertainment!

No, to simulate IMS.

I want to wear bike shorts for the bike and compression shorts for the run. So, I'd have to strip down. I guess I need to gauge butt crack viewage otherwise I will be in compression pants all day and I don't know how that will work on the bike.

Holly said...

Your in just about the right place for 66 days out from your first Ironman! (or at least that is what I've heard!)

Kinetic is a great race and a great race location! We'are BOTH going to have a great day! I can feel it!

BREATHE!