And I’m still walking! Really, for all of the hype, it wasn’t bad at all. The first 10 miles I couldn’t find my happy place so I just plodded along. No pain, just didn’t really get comfortable like I usually do. Rested a little too long during the refuel then headed out for the final 10. We ran the final 5 miles a little faster then miles 10-15 - but I think that's because it's more downhill. The hardest mile was 18 to 19, then it was down to the final mile and nothing could have stopped me.
After the run I drank a Recoverite, a bottle of chocolate milk, changed immediately into recovery tights and headed for Whitlow’s. I was so hungry that I really have no recollection of eating – just wolfed the food down.
Dude had a Jiu-Jitsu tournament and I didn’t want to miss his events so I went straight there and ended up staying until about 6:30 that evening. The good part was there were mats for stretching so that’s how I spent the majority of my 4 hours there. Finally got my hot shower, took some ibuprofen, drank a beer and fell asleep.
By Sunday most of the soreness was gone. I spun for 2 hours then back into the recovery tights. I LOVE THEM!
Woke up Monday feeling great. Ready to start my last build week before the marathon.
Overall, I can now fathom the marathon - I’m even looking forward to it…well, kind-of.
3 months ago
2 comments:
I couldn't believe that I ran 20, either! So freaking cool.
Proud of ya bud! I can't wait to be out there doing the long runs one day with you guys.
x2 on recovery tights though... awesome investment.
Post a Comment