Finally got in most* of the training during a build week. The * is for the fact that strength training does not count. I missed track (weather) and my Mon/Tue runs were what could only loosely be defined as run/walks – more walk then run because my legs were still hurting from the 18 miles last Sat.
So here comes the weekend and the training plan calls for 10 miles but I was really disappointed with myself after last weekend and I want to get in between 14-18.
I thought all week about what caused my muscle breakdown last week and it came down to liquids. In a 10 mile run, I usually drink 4 fuel belt bottles. In the 18 last weekend I only drank 5. Hmmm, perhaps I was slightly dehydrated?! So this week I vowed to drink on a more regular schedule.
And it worked. Yes, there was still some pain but that’s expected after running 18 miles. But I was certainly more mobile afterwards then last week. Changes I made:
- Drank 9 fuel belt bottles during the run, plus a big bottle both to/from
- Did not rest in between loops for near as long
- Took a cold bath as soon as I got home followed by a hot shower
So I don’t know what exactly made me feel better but the combo of all the changes have me feeling pretty good. Finished the weekend with 2 hour spin on Sunday.
So now it’s Monday, 12 Jan 2009 which means I have exactly 6 more months till IRONMAN Switzerland. And yes, every time I think about it, I get a little nauseous.
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment